Types of Licenses

Understanding License Types

The state of Nevada issues two levels of real estate licenses: salesman and broker. What’s the difference?

Salesman – this is the first license you can obtain if you are just starting out. It requires no experience. You must complete the 90-hour pre-license course, pass the license test, and mail in your application. You must associate (hang)  your license with and work under a broker.

Broker – a broker license allows you to hire salesmen licensees to work under you. You can also work independently. The education and experience requirements are much more stringent and complex. You cannot start out with a broker license if you have no experience.